28 March 2011

featured artist :: Bridget Russell

I decided that I would like to do a weekly post entitled "featured artist". Art is so subjective and its always interesting to hear/see a different perspective on complex or common subjects. So to kick things off I am going to start with Bridget Russell.

Bridget is a Memphis, Tennessee based artist and a great friend of mine from college. She graduated from Auburn with a BFA and I must say, is one of the best artist I know, in my biased opinion. She has a way to create such vibrant paintings using oils, a difficult feat for me personally and is not afraid to work on a massive scale. I love that her series reflect normal tasks that we do day to day and don't pay much attention to. I was happy to receive one of her paintings as a wedding gift ( I believe it was her first in the Subconscious Series she did in college) and it hangs proudly over my dining room table, it is a great conversation piece.

Here are a few of her pieces, enjoy!

From the Ordinary Time Series 2010-2011

One o' One PM
42" x 60" mixed media on panel 2010


Two PM
24" x 18" acrylic/watercolor on paper 2011


Noon
48" x 36" oil on panel 2010


From the Subconscious Series 2007-2009

Twelve Twenty-Three PM
72" x 72" oil on canvas 2007


Nine Thirteen AM
36" x 36" acrylic/watercolor on paper 2008


Ten Fifty-Four AM
60" x 40" acrylic/watercolor on paper 2007


Please visit her website bridgetrussell.com to see all of her work. She would love for you to check it out and to hear from you!

[
all images from bridgetrussell.com]

1 comment:

paula said...

oh wow. How cool is all this!

oh, and the light fixture were vintage, boo.