12 April 2011

featured artist :: Greg Davis International Photographer

While at the Bayou City Art Festival I met a photographer that happens to be friends with my mom. If you didn't know, my mom sells nutcrackers at shows around the southeast. She is The Nutcracker Lady and meets all kinds of great people.

Greg Davis is the featured artist this week and I hope you enjoy his photos as much as I did. He has a wonderful story of how he got started and I was thrilled that he took the time to share it with me.

Talking with Greg was great, not only did he take beautiful photographs and travel the world, he is now a National Geographic Photographer. Let me tell you, I never thought I would actually meet a photographer for National Geographic, let alone a friend of my moms.

Here a some of his work and please check out his website Greg Davis Photography. All images of course were taken by him... enjoy!

Papua New Guinea

Papua New Guinea

Spain

Mexico

Veitnam

The photos taken in Papua New Guinea are my favorite if I had to choose some. He has a way of capturing people that makes you feel like you understand the complexity of their lives. Don't you feel like you are connecting with the subjects? Including the dog?

You can order prints or check out many more photos on his website

No comments: