21 April 2011

Yum-o Peanut Butter Cups

Yesterday was Daniel's birthday and he asked for nothing big so I decided to make his favorite candy of all... Peanut Butter Cups! It was a labor of love but Ridge and I enjoyed every finger licking minute, well I did but Ridge liked watching. All I have to say is chocolate is one messy ingredient! I used a recipe I found via design sponge and I modified it just a smidge. I used 4 cups of milk chocolate chips instead of 3 cups of bittersweet chocolate.

the ingredients

1 :: melt half the chocolate in a double boiler

2 :: all melted! getting ready to paint the inside of the paper cups

3 :: be generous with the chocolate, this is where it becomes a labor of love! I used a spoon and a pastry brush.
when done, refrigerate while mixing the peanut butter

4 :: after mixing the peanut butter mixture, spoon in equal amounts into chilled cups

5 :: repeat the double boiler step with the other half of chocolate, spoon over the cups and chill for 1 hour

Happy Birthday! He is excited to take a bite...

yum-o! He loved them... look at all that peanut butter

I am always excited to see someone dig into a treat I made just for them. Daniel really enjoyed his peanut butter cup and needed a huge glass of milk to go with it. These babies are not for the weak hearted, they are really rich but super delicious!

I just love birthdays...

No comments: