01 February 2011

It's research time!

There is something about the new year that I really love that most people don't. It's tax season time and this year we are looking forward to our tax credit. I am excited to be able to fix up are little home so that means its research time.

I am always looking for lovely things to put in our home but now I don't just have to look, I get to buy...yes! I could not be more excited.

When we first moved in last May I was able to paint the majority of the house before Ridge came and I am thankful that I did. We still need to conquer the kitchen, guest bedroom, master bath, and I need to repaint the guest bath because lets just say it looks terrible.

I am trying to focus a lot of my time towards the master bedroom because I want it to be the little place to get away to and it is also going to be the space I am going to work. If you didn't know I graduated from Auburn with a BFA in graphic design so not only am I a mom, I do freelance as well.

Something else you should know about me, I am not quick to make decisions because I love so many things and when I make up my mind I can very easily change it for something else...uggh, its kind of annoying! With that said, here are a few images of pretty things that I would like to emulate for our master bedroom.

I am loving this bedding and the pillows at the foot of the bed. I need something to go at the foot of my bed because my labradoodle Stroud loves to rub all over our bed and it drives me nuts!

I love this throw on the bed, I think it spices up the white bedding and a must for a girl like me! With always changing my mind about things this is a non-committed fix to add color and a bit of texture. Speaking of texture check out those pillows. Not really a fit for me and my hubby but it definitely adds some personality. I love an awesome throw pillow, just ask my husband!

This seems like something I would be able to achieve, sconces on either side (check), upholstered headboard (check, my hubby and I DIYed one last year before we moved), using a patterned fabric for the headboard and skirt, adding a throw, and the ottoman at the foot of the bed ( I can make those happen).

I am digging the entire feel of this room. I am loving the rug and would love to find one similar to this but wait, its tough to find an awesome huge area rug on a budget. Any ideas where to find one?

So I am loving the black and white and for now this is what I am trying to go for. I am a lover of all things gold so I need that lamp and the side table for that matter. I already painted my bedroom grey so I would need to add the blue color in a different way. Maybe curtains or even some throw pillows. Got to have those ikat pillows and instead of a black throw I would go for something else but I just haven't found that quite yet.

One last thing, I love this quilt and would love to have this for my bed. It has a little something for me and a little something for the hubby. If we lived in a barn in the woods this is what my room would look like for sure and my hubs would be so happy if we did, maybe when we are really old...

So I am still trying to find a desk, I am thinking an antique writing desk that would be accompanied with an ornate gold mirror and a lovely lamp for my working spot. If anyone has any great places to check out that has great deals please let me know! Until tomorrow...

I am sad that say that I am not exactly sure where all of these images came from. I have been collecting them for about a year and unfortunately didn't take note from where they came. I am sorry for that and next time I will be more diligent to give images credit where needed.

2 comments:

Ali Brainerd said...

I kind of love those swamp monster pillows, but I can tell you right now that M would absolutely HATE them! Wish you could figure out where the blanket is from... By the way, did you know you said you want "scones" on either side of the bed? Sounds delicious! :)

Brigette said...

hahaha... I am a really great speller. It's all fixed now but I am sure there will be many more to look forward too.